Saturday, February 20, 2010

What's this all about?

After a little over three years of living in Tampa, Atwell-Hicks, the company I had been with for nearly 12 years, has been re-organized and I have left the company. With the uncertainty of the economy and the opportunities for civil engineers somewhat limited I have decided this will be a great time to travel around the country.

I have purchased an 18’ travel trailer and beginning February 11, my dog Sunny and I have begun what I believe will be an adventure of a lifetime.

The plan is to head west along the gulf coast and continue with the hopes of avoiding snow while circling the country, seeing many friends, places and national parks.

I have no final destination but expect to be on the road for four to twelve months. I have created a blog where I plan to track my adventures. I’ll try to update it regularly and respond to any correspondence promptly. If there’s a delay in my response, I may occasionally have limited internet access or may just be out having fun!

If you know of any “can’t miss” stops, potential future home locations I may love or employment opportunities please let me know. Thanks and I hope to see you soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hey steve; good idea, I'll have to follow your adventures. Have a great trip. dean bille

    ReplyDelete